Thursday, June 16, 2011

Working it out- Birthing a new idea

Tunisia

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
 If you have been following my blog you might remember the World Mapper images I posted a while back.  I printed maps of several of the countries struggling for regime change and have had them hanging in my studio.  I have been thinking about how to develop this body of work.  I enlarged them and did tracings to help me understand the lines. (Strange I know, but it works for me.) I see abstracted butterflies and insects. I am going to start researching cocoons and see where that takes me. 

2 comments:

  1. wow, so simple and so impactful. super inspiring to see the birthing process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. I appreciate your comments. Writing this blog is definitely helping me be conscious of how I get from A to B. I usually do research and don't document it until after the work is finished.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter